martes, 26 de junio de 2007

Epilogue: "Tendrás Que Pensártelo"


It has been a long and an enriching trip, don't you think?
And what a nice way of ending a book of ethics has Savater chosen: "After all, it is probable that it may not be a real book of ethics..."!
And I have to say that I do love it simply because by doing this he wanted to show us that there is no "User's Guide" in terms of Ethics and this means that it is only inside of us that we will find our own Ethics...
We may perfectly listen to many different people, opinions, advices, experiences but, all the same, the only way is "to think it over", to reflect... to analyse and, what I think is the most important thing, to be coherent and honest with ourselves. It is our duty from now on to keep on thinking and although it is only through (and with) others that we will be able to achieve a Human Life, we don't have to forget that we are the ones that can take our own choices. No one will come and tell us which path to follow or what to believe in...
Difficult? Yes! Impossible? NO WAY!
Everything will sooner or later be possible if it is something that pursues HAPPINESS, JOY and LOVE...

And finally, as Savater wrote: "Good Bye, my friendly reader, and try to avoid wasting your life hating (no matter whom) or being afraid"

4 comentarios:

Gladys Baya dijo...

True indeed, Alez! We're to make our own choices... (though it'd be interesting to read Muhanned's views on this, don't you think?)... I fervently wish you never forget this, and manage to share this belief with as many of your learners as possible... no matter who tries and tells you they know better!

Thanks for having allowed me to read your blog during all this time... I've learned to enjoy your inner voice, and you've got me always looking forward to your next entry!

Fondly,
Gladys

PS: here comes my quote for you:"Carpe Diem. Seize the day... Make your lives extraordinary" (Mr Keating in "Dead Poet's Society"; my bolds) (your illustration got me thinking along these lines, you see?)

andre dijo...

Right you are Ale!! Luckily for us, we're in charge of our own lives... and responsible for every decision we make...
good life for you Ale!
Andre

L@ur@ dijo...

Hi Ale!!
I completely agree with you ale when you say that the most important thing is to be coherent and HONEST with ourselves!! Because of that I can´t live without listening my inner voice. And I can see that you do too!!!I hope you never stop doing that!!

Love,
Laura

Yohi dijo...

Carpe diem used to be my favourite phrase, now ... how to do it is a mistery not only for me I guess...
I hope we can keep on reflecting...
LOL
Yohi